Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 3 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onions (can use frozen)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or a blend of whatever)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese in a baking dish, square or rectangular.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, add cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
This is so simple, and so boring. But we love it. Can also add fresh garlic, carrots, etc.
Can also give as a gift: brown rice, lentils, dehydrated garlic and onions, bullion granules and Italian seasoning, with recipe printed out and tied with ribbon.
Recipe Origin: This is our adaptation of a Food.com recipe that was originally adapted from “The Complete Tightwad Gazette”.