Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Serves ?
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 32 cubes
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread 4 chicken cubes alternately with 3 tomatoes, if desired, onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle skewers with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes. Turn skewers over; grill 2 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons rind from 1 end of lemon; cut lemon in half, crosswise. Cut ungrated lemon half into quarters; reserve remaining lemon half for another use. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon rind, garlic, and oregano in a food processor; process until finely ground, scraping sides. With motor running, slowly drizzle oil through the food chute; process until well blended. Brush oregano mixture over skewers; serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Origin: Never made this. Adapted from Cooking Light recipe.
Also want to try this recipe for Chicken Skewers with Orzo Salad.