Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Might make 2. Can’t remember.
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored and cut into small chunks (you could rehydrate 2 C of dried apples in boiling water)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Sprinkle cut apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and the milk to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
- Pour batter into pan and top with the cut apples.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon topping mix and sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 325 for 40-45 min until done.