Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Serves 4
- 2 heads garlic, peeled (30 cloves)
- 6 TBSP olive oil
- 1 3/4 lb asparagus, cut into pieces
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 red onion, large, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place garlic cloves on a piece of foil and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Wrap garlic in foil and roast until soft and just golden, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the asparagus until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove with a strainer and refresh in cold water; drain.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook until al dente; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Reserve the pot.
- Using a blender, puree the roasted garlic, the vinegar, lemon juice and sugar. With the machine on, slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- In the reserved pot, heat the remaining 1 TBSP olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add pasta, asparagus, roasted garlic vinaigrette and the reserved pasta cooking water.
- Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Origin: No idea.