Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 20 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder
- 20 slices of thick-cut bacon (1 1/2 pounds)
- Optional: pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the chile powder.
- Arrange the bacon strips on the foil and coat the tops with the chile sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until caramelized and almost crisp.
- Transfer the bacon to a rack set over a sheet of foil to cool completely; serve.
Notes: Great in a Bloody Mary or on its own. The bacon candy can be made earlier in the day; store at room temperature.
Recipe Origin: This is our adaptation of a Food and Wine recipe.