Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: 20
- 20 strips bacon (about 12 ounces)
- 20 medium-large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 TBSP chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper.
- If using metal skewers, go to step 2. If using bamboo, soak for about 20 minutes.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until halfway done, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool on paper towels.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp, skewer through the point where bacon ends meet to keep from unraveling. Thread 3-5 shrimp on each skewer.
- Puree the BBQ sauce, oil, lemon juice, mustard, chipotles, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and 1/4 tsp pepper in a blender. Set aside half the sauce for dipping.
- Preheat a grill, gril pan or broiler. Grill or broil shrimp for 5 minutes, basting with the sauce once they begin to turn pink. Flip, baste again and grill or broil until just cooked through,about 4 more minutes. Serve with extra sauce.
Recipe Origin: Torn out of the pages or a local magazine.