Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: 6 crab cakes, enough for 3 adults as a main course.
- 1 large egg
- 2½ TBSP mayonnaise (Hellmann’s)
- 1½ tsps Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt ¼ cup finely diced celery (1 stalk)
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound lump crab meat*
- ½ cup panko (Whole Foods 365 brand)
- Canola oil
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine the egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the crab meat (be sure to check the meat for any hard and sharp cartilage) and panko; gently fold mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat.
- Shape into 6 crab cakes (about ½ cup each) and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with canola oil.
- When oil is hot, place crab cakes in pan and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Be careful as oil may splatter.
- Serve immediately with tartar sauce or a squeeze of lemon.
Notes: *If you can only find jumbo lump crab meat, you may need to break the pieces up a bit. If the clumps are too large, the crab cakes won’t hold together well.
Recipe Origin: No idea. I printed it out a long time ago.