Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- One large (or two medium) cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and seeded, then grated
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 10 large mint leaves, thinly sliced (can sub cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Place grated cucumber in a sieve and press with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Alternatively, you can place the grated cucumber in the middle of a clean tea towel, wrap the towel around the cucumber and wring out the excess moisture.
- Stir spices and mint into yogurt in a medium bowl. Stir in the grated cucumber. Chill until ready to serve.
Notes: Great with grilled meat in the summertime, and with pita bread.
Recipe Origin: No idea.