Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 13 minutes | Total Time: 23 minutes | Yield: Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup corn or canola oil
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs (can add some Panko to this)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, black pepper, and paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound white fish fillets such as cod or tilapia, cut into “fish-stick-size” strips (about 3 inches by 1 inch)
- Lemon wedges or tartar sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Spread oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss crumbs, grated cheese, and seasonings together in a shallow dish until blended.
- Put flour into another shallow dish and beaten eggs into a third shallow bowl.
- Coat each piece of fish evenly with flour.
- Then dip each floured piece into beaten eggs. Last of all, turn each piece around in crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Place each coated piece of fish onto the oiled sheet, then turn pieces over so both sides are oiled.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 14 minutes.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, ranch dressing, or ketchup, as your family prefers.
Notes: Serve with this tartar sauce. We usually eat this with a side of steamed broccoli.
Recipe Origin: Original Wondertime magazine recipe.