Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Makes 2. Keep one, give one to a friend. Or freeze it.
- 16 oz box lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 (32 oz) jars spaghetti sauce (or thereabouts. I can never seem to find 32 oz. jars)
- 1 (32 oz) container large curd cottage cheese
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray Pam in a 9×13 inch dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain. Or you can soak noodles in a pot of hot tap water for 20 minutes, drain, and not cook them. Or you can use the kind of noodles that don’t need cooking.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute ground beef, onions, salt and garlic salt until meat is brown.
- Add 1 tsp dried oregano, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add spaghetti sauce
- Line bottom of pan with three lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of sauce mixture over noodles.
- Layer 1/3 of the cottage cheese over the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella over the cottage cheese.
- Repeat this layering process until all ingredients are used up. Finish with mozzarella on top.
- Bake for one hour.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Notes: I have nicknamed this “Friendly Lasagna” because it makes 2. I always seem to have a friend who needs one.
If you want to add veggies, add ½ box of 10oz frozen, chopped spinach to meat mixture while cooking. Also, can sautee mushrooms and add after meat layer.
Someone at church gave this to me one day and asked me to make it for some teenagers that were having a lock in at the church. This is really a surprisingly easy and good lasagna!