Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: 1 lasagna
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 TBSP chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (or 2- 26 oz jars)
- 1 (16 ounce) package large curd cottage cheese
- 1 15 oz package ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- few dashes grated nutmeg
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain. Or you can soak noodles in a pot of hot tap water for 20 minutes, drain, and not cook them.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute ground beef, onions, garlic, salt and garlic salt until meat is brown. (Can add 1 tsp dried oregano, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning at this point if desired).
- Drain excess fat, add spaghetti sauce to beef mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine cottage and ricotta cheeses, 1 or 2 eggs, and few dashes of nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray Pam in a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- Line bottom of pan with three lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of sauce mixture over noodles.
- Layer 1/3 of the cottage and ricotta cheese mixture over the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella over the cottage cheese.
- Repeat this layering process until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Origin: No idea.