Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: 1 cake, serves 6
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 apple, peeled and grated (should yield about 1 cup)
- Confectioners’ sugar for serving
- Heat the oven to 400°. Butter 1. and flour a 9 or 10-inch spring form pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
- On the lowest speed, add the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour, salt, ricotta, lemon zest, baking powder and apple.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until thecake is golden brown and the sides start to pull away from the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake out of the pan and cool completely on the rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over top or serve with your favorite seasonal fruit.
A friend forwarded me this recipe from a website called Food52. We’ve made it once and it’s a keeper.