Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield:
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 12 strips
- 1 10 oz can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 2/3 cup tequila *
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP chicken seasoning
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- Baby arugula and lime halves, for serving
- Place chicken, margarita mix, tequila, cilantro and chicken seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Squeeze air out and seal.
- Massage the bag to combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak 12 wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto skewer.
- Oil the grill grate, grill the skewers for 1-2 minutes per side, or until meat is cooked through.
- Serve on a platter with arugula and lime.
Notes: * I don’t really care for tequila, and I’m not going to go out of my way to buy some just to make this. Also, I’m not giving tequila soaked chicken to toddlers. So, I just make it with the frozen margarita mix and all the other ingredients.
Recipe Origin: Tore page out of local magazine.