Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: 18 muffins
- 2 cups White Lily all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 1/4 cup apples, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup nuts chopped
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Cooking oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 18 – 2-1/2″ muffin cups or line them with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the carrots, apples, nuts.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the eggs, cooking oil, and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients all at once to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon the batter into the muffin cups until each one is almost full.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven about 30 minutes or until the top of a muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on the rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Notes: Very good. I omitted coconut and raisins, and increased the carrots and apples.
For something different, try substituting shredded zucchini for all or part of the shredded carrots.
Recipe Origin: No idea.