Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes | Yield: 2 pies.
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup dark Karo syrup
- 1 TBSP flour
- 3 cups pecans, barely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 stick Blue Bonnet margarine, melted
- 2 good quality pie shells, like Marie Callenders. Or make your own, with the pie crust in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt Blue Bonnet in microwave and let cool.
- Pierce bottom of pie shells, bake pie shells at 350 for 5-6 minutes. Take out of oven.
- In a mixer, beat Karo, sugar, vanilla and melted margarine until smooth. Gently fold in pecans last.
- Bake on middle rack for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Notes: If you want to make it hard, like I did for Thanksgiving 2013, leave it in oven for 50 minutes instead of 40 minutes.
Recipe Origin: This is a version of my mom’s and great-granny’s pecan pie. I think my version has one less egg, but no one knows.