Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Serves 1
- 12 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 oz roasted piquillo peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2 slices good sandwich bread, ideally French farmhouse bread
- 1 TBSP butter
- Break cheese into large chunks and put into food processor. Pulse until pebble sized.
- Add peppers and garlic. Process until everything is finely chopped.
- Add mayonnaise and process until smooth. (I don’t like that. I would leave it a bit un-smooth)
- Lightly butter both sides of bread and preheat a cast iron skillet.
- Toast bread.
- Spread about 1/3 c. cheese mixture onto one of toasted bread slices.
- Toast both sides of bread, and melt cheese mixture in between.
Notes: I saw this recipe somewhere and thought “This is what northern people eat and think they are eating southern food.” I’ve yet to try it but I want to. Hence my saving it here. I’m really skeptical about making the pimiento cheese mixture so smooth, and also the melting of it. One of the best things about a pimiento cheese sandwich is the coldness of the mayonnaise and pimiento cheese with the cool smooth white bread.
Recipe Origin: No idea.