Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: 12 regular size muffins. Few dozen mini muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups whole spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Chopped pecans or walnuts would be good!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Using a whisk or fork mix together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and drop in the eggs, honey, and melted butter. Mix together until well combined. Fold in the pumpkin puree. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan so it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes clean, about 18 – 20 minutes.
- Store at room temperature or freeze for a rainy day.
Notes: These are great frozen as mini muffins for the kids’ school lunches.
Recipe Origin: Adapted from a recipe on 100 Days of Real Food. Wonderful website.