Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Might make 2. Can’t remember.
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3-4 Bananas, sliced
- 24 Nilla wafers, coarsely crushed
- Whipped Cream, for serving
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt in a medium saucepan, then whisk in half and half and egg yolks.
- Place over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until pudding thickens and begins to boil, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Whisk until butter has melted.
- Transfer pudding to a bowl and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours.
- In your preferred serving dish create two sets of layers using the bananas, 1/3 of the pudding and Nilla wafers.
- Top with the remaining 1/3 of the pudding.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and additional banana slices and Nilla wafers, if desired.
Notes: My very favorite Banana Pudding is the one served at the St James Episcopal Rotary meetings. If anyone ever finds that recipe out for me, please let me know!