Prep Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? | Yield: Serves 6
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1.25 lb butternut squash, halved, seeded, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- 1 TBSP fresh sage
- 1.5 TBSP olive oil
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- pinch of nutmeg and white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine sweet potatoes, squash, onion, thyme and sage in large bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat vegetables.
- Spoon mixture onto large baking sheet in single layer. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until carmelized.
- Remove from oven and puree in batches with chicken stock.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and bring to simmer over medium heat.