Prep Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 4 – 6 hours 30 minutes | Yield: Serves 12
- 1 – 3 pound beef brisket coarse salt and pepper
- 1 – 4 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 12 ounces root beer, all-natural is better
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Rub brisket with salt and pepper. Sear in pan for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
- In a slow cooker, mix together tomato sauce and paste, onion, garlic, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Transfer brisket to the sauce in the slow cooker. Pour over root beer. Cover with lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Slice and serve with mashed potatoes.
Notes: I want to try it with vegetables. Maybe carrots?
Recipe Origin: Adapted from a babble.com recipe