Prep Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? | Yield: 1 cake
- 3/4 pound carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Trim ends of carrots; discard. Peel carrots. Shred with shredding disk of food processor or hand shredder. Measure 2 1/2 cups; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour sides of 13/9-inch baking pan.
- Beat eggs and oil in small bowl. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add egg mixture; mix well. Stir in carrots and pecan. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tester or wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 4 cups (16-ounce box) powdered sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift powdered sugar into large bowl with fine-meshed sieve or sifter.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine and vanilla in another large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.
- Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until well blended, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.
- Spread over cooled cake.
Recipe Origin: Momocracy blog