Prep Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? | Yield: Serves 6
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 boxes of Philly cream cheese (8-oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place graham crackers into a large seal-able bag, crush with a rolling pin.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup of flour, 2 Tablespoons sugar, and dash salt. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Mix in one cup graham crackers. Press onto bottom of 9-in. Springform pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add flour and vanilla, blend.
- At a low speed, add eggs one at a time until mixed.
- Add sour cream and mix until blended and creamy. Pour onto crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-75 minutes until the cake is just set (slightly jiggly.)
- Start with ingredients at room temperature. It mixes better and helps the cake to become creamy.
- Wrap bottom of Springform with foil and place pan into large roasting dish filled with 1/2-in. of water while baking. it helps the cake to bake more evenly and keep shte cake moist.
- After baking, have the cake cool down in the oven with the oven turned off and the door open. It helps to prevent cracking.
- When you are able to hold the Springform pan, place in refrigerator overnight.
- To get the cake out of the Springform; heat a cup of water. Place a butter knife in the water then dry with a towel. Using an up and down motion, loosen the cake from the sides of a pan, then open the ring and remove from the cake.
- To place onto plate, remove Springform bottom and slowly remove the parchment paper while placing onto plate.
- It’s a lot easier than it looks, it just takes practice.
Recipe Origin: Momocracy blog