Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: 14-16 minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yields: 24 Regular sized muffins, probably 36-48 Mini-Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups blueberries (if frozen, do not thaw)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 375.
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with muffin-cup liners. This recipe won’t work without them. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sour cream until thoroughly combined. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt together butter and brown sugar, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then beat this mixture into egg mixture. Stir in oats.
- Fold in flour mixture and then — very gently — fold in berries. Fill muffin cups about three-quarters full. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar onto the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, or until edges are medium brown and tops are firm.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then remove muffins (in their papers) and finish cooling on rack.
Recipe Origin: Wondertime. Great magazine that is no longer.