Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25-30 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 6 to 8
- 10 oz. extra-sharp cheddar, grated
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack, grated
- 4 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 slices extra-thick bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni cooked and drained
- 1/2 c. plain dried bread crumbs
- 2 oz. Parmesan, grated
- Heat oven to 350°. Put cheeses (except Parmesan) in the top of a double boiler (if you don’t have one, set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with about 1 inch of water in it) and melt over simmering water, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add milk, whisking until completely smooth. Whisk in mustard, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 9-by-9-inch baking dish, add macaroni, and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan; sprinkle over the top. Bake until crumbs are browned and cheese is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe Origin: Wondertime. Great magazine that is no longer.