Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yields: 40 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup any combination of nuts and soft dried fruit (try 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts or almond slivers and 1/4 cup each of unsweetened dried cherries and chopped unsweetened dried apples)
- In a stand mixer or by hand, combine peanut butter and honey until smooth. Gradually add oats and ground flaxseed.
- Add chocolate chips and desired nut and fruit combination, mix in gently.
- Roll dough into golf ball-size cookies.
- For maximum presentation value, put in paper mini muffin cups.
- You can eat them right away, but they’ll be less sticky after a night in the fridge.
- They freeze well too, layered on wax paper in an airtight container.
Notes: Never give honey or foods with honey to a child younger than 12 months.
1/3 cup finely ground raw almonds
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup real maple syrup
2 TBSP ground flax
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup Hershey’s dark choc chips (chopped to make finer)
1/2 cup dried sour cherries
Recipe Origin: Wondertime. Great magazine that is no longer.