Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yield: Makes about 1 pound
- 1 cup corn or canola oil
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope dried ranch salad-dressing mix
- 1/2 of a 1-ounce envelope dried garlic-flavored salad-dressing mix (pour the envelope into a measuring cup and spoon out half)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pound hard sourdough beer pretzels, broken into pieces (“hard” or “beer” pretzels are in the snack section of your grocery store; if you can only find a 13-ounce box, that’s fine to use instead of 1 pound)
- Put oil, salad-dressing mixes, lemon-pepper seasoning, and dill into a gallon-size ziplock bag, seal it, then shake hard to mix.
- Add pretzels and toss until they’re completely coated. Allow the pretzels to “marinate” for at least 1 hour, giving them a shake whenever you think of it.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Spread pretzels and their flavorings on a large, rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil and bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes.
- Let pretzels cool completely, while stirring often.
- Store them in an airtight container (they’ll keep for 4 to 6 weeks).
Recipe Origin: Wondertime. Great magazine that is no longer.