Prep Time: ? minutes | Cook Time: 14-16 minutes | Total Time: ? minutes | Yields: 36-48 Mini-Muffins
- 1 stick organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 baked and mashed sweet potato (orange inside skin if you get confused)
- 2 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour (50/50)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (I omit)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Beat in sugar and honey until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then milk, vanilla, and sweet potatoes. At this point the batter might look curdled.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and spices. Beat together wet and dry mixtures until just combined.
- Optional step: Prepare Cinnamon Sugar sprinkle for top of each mini. 7 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar (one tablespoon cinnamon mixed with 6 tablespoons granulated sugar)
- Spray mini muffin tin pan and fill each cup about halfway with batter; less full for more muffins. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar topping, if desired. Bake about 12 minutes in convection oven, 14-16 in regular oven or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe Origin: Wondertime. Great magazine that is no longer.