Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 1/2 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 40 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bag carrots
- 1 onion
- Breakfast Klub seasoning
- Measure 8 tsp Breakfast Klub spice mix into a small bowl.
- Cut onion into 4 or 5 chunks and put it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Peel and cut entire bag of carrots into 2 or 3 pieces for each carrot, and put in bottom of slow cooker.
- Remove any stuff from inside of chicken. If there is a lot of fat at the opening of the cavity, trim it off.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry.
- Rub Breakfast Klub spice mixture all over. Rub a few carrots with your hands to get the spice mixture off of them. Toss those back into slow cooker.
- Put prepared chicken on top of the onions and carrots in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. Do not add any liquid.
- Cook for 4 1/2 hours on high. Chicken will be falling off the bone.
I got the original concept of Crockpot Chicken from here, and modified it to add vegetables and use the awesome Breakfast Klub seasoning I brought home from my recent trip to Houston.