This goes well with the “Fine Salad” recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 2/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (this is about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Process 2/3 cup light olive oil and remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week; serve at room temperature.
Recipe Origin: I believe it is based on an old Southern Living recipe, but I’ve tweaked it and cut the sugar.