It goes well with this dressing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1 bag of romaine lettuce
- 1 (6-oz.) block Swiss cheese, shaved
- 1 cup roasted, salted cashews (or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- Chicken, if you want it
- Toss together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; serve with Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing.
Notes: You do not need to peel apple and pear, just slice thinly.
Recipe Origin: Based on an old Southern Living recipe.