Prep Time: ? minutes | Total Time: ? | Yield: 2 cans equivalent
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or less; taste to test)
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- dash of paprika
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- In medium-sized saucepan, boil chicken broth, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the seasonings for a minute or two (longer if using fresh onions or garlic).
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk and flour. Add to boiling mixture and continue whisking briskly until mixture boils and thickens.
Notes: This yields about two cans of condensed Cream of Chicken soup. It freezes well, so you can use half, and freeze the other half.
Recipe Origin: From this great blog. I copy it here so I can find it when I need it.