Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast
- ½ to 1 cup chicken broth, depending on how juicy you want the fajitas
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Squirt of lime juice
- Flour Tortillas
- Sour cream, Salsa, Cheeese
- Spray crockpot with Pam. Put sliced onion and peppers in the bottom. If using frozen chicken stock, put this in now. If not, pour it over before step 3.
- Lay chicken on top of veggies.
- Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Pour lime juice over the top.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours. I like to cook it on High for 4 hrs.
- When meat is done, shred with two forks and stir back into juices.
- Serve meat mixture with slotted spoon on tortillas with your choice of fixings.
Notes: This is so good it is UNBELIEVABLE. When my husband ate it he said he was going to start crying. I used homemade chicken broth.
Recipe Origin: Adapted from a recipe on a blog called Stacy Makes Cents.