Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 70 minutes | Yield: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 medium purple onion grated (or do 1/2)
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 TBSP ketchup
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Sauce on Top:
- 4 TBSP white vinegar
- 4 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all of sauce ingredients in a small pot. Stir and heat up. Do not boil.
- In a large bowl combine meatloaf ingredients. This will be wet.
- Put into a greased loaf pan.
- Poke holes with your fingers in the top of the meat. Pour the sauce on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Take it out let stand for 10 minutes.
Notes: MUST use ground sirloin, otherwise will be mushy
Variations that friends have made to this recipe:
- If you use Saltines instead of Ritz crackers, it is exactly one sleeve of crackers minus 4 crackers.
- Can add 1 TBSP Mrs Dash Garlic and Herb.
- Another version: 1 onion, 1/4 bell pepper, roma tomato, chopped. Saute in olive oil. Add to meat.
Recipe Origin: This was my grandfather’s favorite thing to eat. My grandmother made it for years. When he got into his late 80’s, he wanted it every day for lunch.