Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced, or 2 TBSP store-bought lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3-4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large rectangular baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices.
- Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans.
- Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the dish. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender.
Notes: Use real garlic, instead of the pre-minced stuff in a jar (which under normal circumstances, I am a huge fan of) In this dish, I believe it makes a difference. This is such an incredibly easy dish to make. My kids loved it and wanted seconds, and that is saying something!
Recipe Origin: I got the recipe from Pinterest, but it came from Real Simple originally. The original recipe called for a sliced lemon to go at the bottom of the pan, but I don’t like that.