Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 60-75 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 5 to 1 hour 20 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1 chicken, about 4 pounds
- One small onion
- A lot of celery salt
- pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Fold wings back.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and celery salt on chicken liberally. I mean an OBSCENE amount of celery salt. Like 1/4 of one of the containers you buy celery salt in.
- Stick the onion up into the cavity. You don’t want it too tight, where air can’t circulate. Cut it up in smaller pieces if you need to.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until legs are easily wiggled.
Notes: Cook time for 4 lb chicken is 1 hour. For 5 lb up it to 1 hr 20 minutes.
Recipe Origin: My mother. I used to think it was the funniest thing she made, and one of the most delicious.