Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 60- 70 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10- 20 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 4 small crisp apples (Empire or Braeburn)
- 1 to 2 bunches leeks (white and light green parts), halved crosswise and lengthwise
- 6 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 small chicken thighs and/or drumsticks (about 2 1/2 lbs total)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples, leeks, rosemary, oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Pour onto a roasting pan with a rack in it.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, and place skin-side up, into the pan with the vegetables.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the apples and leeks are tender. 50-60 minutes.
Notes: Original recipe says to cook it for 40 to 45 minutes. That wasn’t long enough for me.
Recipe Origin: I got the recipe from Real Simple originally. I added more leeks and increased the cooking time.