Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Yield: 3-4 Servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested then half cut into thin slices and other half into wedges
- 3-4 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- pasta, couscous or rice for serving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp (21 to 30 per lb, tails off)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In an 8×8 glass baking pan combine olive oil, lemon zest and thyme. Olive oil should liberally cover the bottom of the pan, if it doesn’t drizzle in a little more. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, checking every few minutes, if it looks like it is getting too brown remove and proceed to next step.
- Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and toss with a pat of butter or olive oil.
- Remove pan from oven, add butter and move it around a little to melt, add shrimp, garlic and the thin sliced lemons (don’t squeeze them), toss to coat with oil mixture. Bake for 8-10 more minutes or until shrimp turn pink and just start to curl, check often.
- Serve over pasta, couscous or rice tossed with additional extra-virgin olive oil and fresh-squeezed lemon with additional lemon wedges for serving.
Recipe Origin: This blog. I haven’t made this yet, but when I do I’ll come back and add my notes.