Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: Serves 4-6
- 3½ cups boiled, shredded chicken (about 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced bread, or lettuce, for serving
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Boil chicken for 15 minutes on medium high, 10 minutes more on medium. Take off eye and let cool in pot. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Combine the first five (5) ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Pour dressing over chicken in large bowl. Toss gently.
- Serve as a sandwich, or on top of a lettuce leaf.
Notes: Recipe Origin: Adapted from this recipe.