Servings: 1 | Prep Time: 3 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 portions red potatoes
- 2 lbs green beans
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 TBSP Butter Buds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, egg, egg whites, salsa, oats, soup mix and black pepper. Press mixture into a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and spread ketchup over top. Bake in preheated oven until meatloaf is no longer pink in the center and juice is clear, about 60 minutes.
- Approximately 25 minutes after putting the meatloaf in the oven, cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Place cut potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cut stems off green beans and place in a large saucepan with 1 inch of water in the bottom. Heat to boiling over high heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered. for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pan. Mash while adding skim milk in a little at a time. Add Butter Buds and mash vigorously until potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Place a portion of meatloaf and mashed potatoes along with about a cup of green beans on each plate.
Recipe Origin: BFL