Servings: 2 | Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 2 portions brown rice, about 1/2 cup uncooked
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 egg white
- 2 portions orange roughy fillets (about 3/4 lbs)
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 lemon, halved
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with Pam.
- In a pie plate, combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until slightly foamy.
- Lightly brush both sides of the orange roughy fillets with the egg whites and coat with the breadcrumbs. Arrange fillets on the baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 TBSP of parsley. Bake until fish is opaque throughout, approximately 20 minutes.
- While the orange roughy is baking, lightly coat a large skillet with butter-flavored-cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Slice zucchini diagonally in 1/4 inch slices. Add zucchini and onion to skillet; cook for about 2 minutes. Turn zucchini slices and cook until tender, about 2 more minutes.
- Stir the remaining parsley and grated lemon peel into the cooked rice.
- Place a portion of the orange roughy onto each of 2 plates and top with a squeeze of lemon. Add a portion of rice and about one-half of the zucchini.
Recipe Origin: BFL