Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 6 portions lean ground turkey (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 eggg whites
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups (1 jar) marinara pasta sauce
- 6 portions spaghetti (about 12 oz uncooked)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Then boil water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, breadcrumbs, water, onion, garlic, parsley, basil and pepper. Mix ingredients and shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Bake on foil or parchment paper for 16 minutes.
- Combine pasta sauce and cooked meatballs. Simmer over low heat until warmed thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- While the pasta sauce is simmering, prepare spaghetti according to package.
- Place a portion of spaghetti on plate, portion of meatballs and pasta sauce, then top with Parmesan cheese.
Notes: Original recipe calls for 1 tsp black pepper. This is too much- so I cut it to 1/2 tsp.
If you want to cook these in the oven at the same time as the Turkey Meatloaf, cut the temp to 375 and cook the meatballs for 25 minutes.
Recipe Origin: BFL