Servings: Makes 2 loaves | Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups butter milk
- 4 cups flour (White Lily is my favorite)
- 2 TSP baking soda
Cinnamon sugar mixture:
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 TSP cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease two 9×5 loaf pans.
- With a mixer, cream together butter, 2 cups sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Put 1/4 of batter in each greased loaf pan.
- With a whisk or a fork, in a separate bowl, mix the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in each pan.
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle the remaining cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tester comes clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pans.
Notes: Great warm, also good toasted. I would freeze this in individual slices and send to school as well. Could also make muffins.
Recipe Origin: Facebook post!