Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves: A Ton of Folks
- 6 oz. (6 slices) bacon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Major Grey’s mango chutney, or any other type of chutney
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced crosswise
- Family Size box of Wheat Thins, or other crackers
- Put slices of bacon into a medium skillet and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp on both sides, 5–8 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to let drain, then crumble and set aside.
- Put butter, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese into a medium bowl and mix with a potato masher until well combined. If your butter and cream cheese are not softened, nuke them separately for 10 seconds at a time until they are soft. Maybe 2-3x.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a serving bowl and smooth out top with back of the spoon.
- Spread chutney over cheese mixture and scatter crumbled bacon and scallions on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, 2–3 hours. Allow dip to rest at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Serve with Wheat Thins or crackers, if you like.