Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Yield: 1 pie.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 TBSP cocoa powder
- 4 TBSP melted butter, can use margarine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cups PET milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prick pie cruist and cook until crust is dry, but not brown.
- Whisk sugar, cocoa and butter together.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs to milk with vanilla. Pour this into sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake about 45 minutes or until a little jiggly in the middle.
Recipe Origin: From my great-grandmother via my aunt.