Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 1/2 – 8/12 hours | Yield: Serves: 4-6
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup cup pitted green olives
- 2 cloves garlic, or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour (I like White Lily)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup couscous
- Chopped pistachios
- lemon wedges
- fresh cilantro if you have it
- Mix together the lamb, carrots, onion, apricots, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 cup water together in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until lamb and vegetables are tender, on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. (*Note: I like it on high for 4.5 hours)
- 10 minutes before you serve it, cook couscous according to package directions.
- Serve the lamb on the couscous with the pistachios, cilantro and lemon wedges
Recipe Origin: Real Simple, added more carrots, modified spices and changed timing around a little.