Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4-6
- 3 TBSP canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced (or 8 green onions, white and green parts separated)
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (I use chicken)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, onions (or green onion whites) and cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add carrots, sweet potato, lentils, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth, bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green parts of green onions (if using).
Notes: Can also serve with sliced lime wedges and naan if you have them.
Recipe Origin: Real Simple recipe. Modified with sweet potato and increased garlic.