Notes: So easy and delicious. Although it will keep for a few days, try and eat it right after the kale wilts. It is a beautiful green color. This soup sounds weird, but trust me, it’s a winner!
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 12 oz package fully cooked organic chicken sausage. (Mild Italian is good)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 19oz can cannelini beans, rinsed (Eden or other no BPA brand)
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth or frozen homemade broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes (Muir Glen)
- 1 bunch kale leaves, torn into pieces
- salt and black pepper
- bread (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring once, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the beans, broth, and tomatoes and their liquid and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the bread, if using.