Notes: The whole family loved this! Quick and so tasty. I got the cod from Whole Foods.
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 3 minutes | Total Time: Less than 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 4-ounce pieces cod fillet
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut in half crosswise (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), sliced into half-moons
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons store-bought pesto, plus more for serving
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the cod on both sides with ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook until the undersides are golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently flip the cod and scatter the green beans and leek around it.
- Add ¼ cup water, cover, and cook until the vegetables are just tender and the fish is opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the cod to plates.
- Stir the corn into the beans, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pesto. Serve with the cod and additional pesto, if desired.
Recipe Origin: Adapted from this recipe.