Notes: Prep work chopping veggies will take up most of your time. After that it’s super easy. Food for days!
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt + extra for sprinkling
- 1½ pounds meat (chicken, beef, or combination), cut into 1½” to 2″ dice
- 1 bell pepper (any color), cut into 1″ dice
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1″ dice
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1″ dice
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into ¼” to ½” dice
- 8 oz baby bella or white button mushrooms, left whole if they are small. Sliced in half if not.
- pepper, to taste
- note: requires aluminum foil
- Seasoning: Sprouts seasoning, Breakfast Klub, Tony Cachere’s, or whatever you like.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, and spices. Set aside.
- Cut 8 large pieces (about 12-14″ long each) of foil and lay them out double stacked to start 4 grill packets.
- Evenly distribute the diced meat and veggies onto each stack of foil and somewhat “flatten” out the contents for even cooking.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then finish off each packet with equal amounts of marinade drizzled right on top.
- Carefully bring up the long sides of the foil so the edges meet at the center. Fold the two edges over together at least three times. Fold up the edges on the open sides at least two to three times and crimp those together with your fingers as well.
- Let the food marinate for a minimum of 1 to 2 hours.
- Directions for Grill: Grill the packets flipping them once until the meat is cooked to desired doneness, about 20 to 25 minutes total.
- Directions for Oven: Cook on 375F for 25 minutes.
- Carefully open each foil packet to let steam release before eating. Serve with pasta or rice.