Notes: So easy! No more slaving over the stove when I want some risotto. The family liked it and I’m looking forward to trying this with lots of different ingredients.
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces flat-leaf spinach (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Heat the butter in ovenproof pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring often, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and rice and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and transfer to oven. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the peas, spinach, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- If the risotto is too thick, stir in up to ¼ cup hot water.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan before serving.